The Washington Federation of Animal Care and Control Agencies accepts applications quarterly for funding generated by the "We Love Our Pets" License Plates.
Funds are intended for actual spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats in the state.
Member organizations are eligible to apply for funding. Proposals are accepted on a quarterly basis, with application deadlines falling on March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
Priority given is to organizations that:
* Target cats, Pit Bull breeds and Pit Bull breed mixes, or other "at risk" populations
* Target pets of low-income pet owners
* Target areas with restricted access to spay/neuter surgery
* Target communities with high euthanasia rates
* Can provide the most number of spay/neuter surgeries for the lowest cost
* Work collaboratively with other organizations