Florida Animal Friend, an organization dedicated to saving the lives of unwanted cats and dogs throughout Florida, offers funding annually for organizations striving to make a difference in the pet over-population problem by providing free or low-cost spay and neuter programs.
Grants are typically awarded to programs that increase cat and dog sterilization above the existing baseline. The categories for funding are:
* Programs for pets in low-income families
* Programs for pit bull/large breed dog sterilization
* Programs for TNR colonies of feral cat sterilization. There is specific TNR program criteria.
* Programs for community cats (free-roaming and owned) sterilization
* Programs providing spay/neuter services where none currently exist
Funds are unlikely to be approved to replace existing program funding or to fund surgeries that are likely to be performed whether or not Florida Animal Friend funding was available.
The application period runs from January 1 to April 1, annually.