The Community Foundation of the Hudson Valley accepts applications bi-annually for their field trip program. This grant program is designed to distribute funds to public schools in Dutchess and Ulster Counties to enhance classroom learning opportunities.
Any educator in a public school or school district in Dutchess County or Ulster County, New York – kindergarten to grade 12 may apply for a grant.
* Field trips must be tied to educational curricula.
* Teachers should seek funding from their school or district first. If that source is depleted or not available for a particular field trip, the teacher/school may request money from this fund.
* Field trips should occur during the regular academic year and generally during school hours.
* Summer programs and after-school programs are not eligible.
* Funds may cover transportation, admissions, or to help defray the costs of students who do not have the ability to pay for their portion in cases where students/families are expected to pay all or a portion of the cost.
* The proposed field trip should be reasonable and appropriate.
Application Deadlines are:
September 30 for Fall/Winter field trips (All applications for planned Fall field trips must be submitted by the 9/30 deadline)
December 30 for Spring field trips (All applications for planned Spring field trips must be submitted by the 12/30 deadline)
Go directly to guidelines and application
New York grants