North Dakota State University is accepting grant applications for youth gardening projects. Any project related to youth and gardening is eligible. Funds may be used to purchase gardening supplies (hand tools, soil, seeds, plants or containers), Junior Master Gardener and/or other gardening books, and other educational supplies.
Schools, 4-H clubs, community organizations, church groups and other youth organizations are encouraged to apply.
Examples of projects include:
• The establishment of school gardens to promote the consumption of healthy foods;
• Planting trees to establish small arboreta at schools or parks;
• Beautification projects at schools, parks or churches, or along streets;
• Projects to promote creative writing, literature or art related to the environment;
• Construction projects such as building raised garden beds for the elderly; and
• Food security gardens that grow vegetables to be donated to local food pantries.
Applications are accepting on an ongoing basis until available funding has been distributed.
Go directly to guidelines and application