The Children's Literacy Foundation is accepting applications for the Rural Libraries program grant. The sponsorship provides new books and programming to public libraries in New Hampshire and Vermont.
Grant recipients receive:
- $2,000 worth of new children’s books for the public library, to be chosen by the public librarian
- $500 worth of new children’s books for the school library, to be chosen by the school librarian
- A storytelling and book presentation at the local elementary school for all students PK-6, to be held between September and December.
- An author or illustrator visit and book giveaway for all the students at the elementary school to be held between April and June. Each student will be able to choose one new book to take home and keep. The public and school librarians will showcase their summer reading programs.
- Two storytelling presentations, a small on-site library, and two book giveaways for the local child care(s) on the same days as the two presentations at the school. After the storytelling, each child will be able to choose two books to take home and keep, and CLiF will leave behind an on-site library of 15 new books at the child care.
- $250 grant application to support programming in your library.
The application deadline is April 3, 2019