NoWhere 2 Ride, Inc. makes grants annually to help fund skateparks. The organization considers skatepark projects that:
*are 501(3)(3) organizations
* are designed and built by qualified and experienced skatepark contractors
* include local skaters and local bikers in the design process.
* can demonstrate a strong grassroots commitment to the project, particularly in the form of fund-raising by local skateboarders and local bikers and other community groups
* don't require skaters or bikers or their parents to sign waivers
* encourage skaters and bikers to look after their own safety and the safety of others without restricting their access to the park or over-regulating their use of it
* are open during daylight hours, 365 days a year
* don't charge an entrance fee
* are in areas that currently have no skatepark facilities
* are in safe, highly visible areas
Interested applicants must send a letter of inquiry requesting a grant application.
The application deadline is November 15, annually
Go directly to guidelines and application