The Watertown Community Foundation has opened the mini-grant application period for grants for programs and activities along the riverfront.
Organizations that were awarded Riverfront Mini-Grants in previous years are welcome to apply again this year.
* Either be an all-volunteer group; a goal-oriented civic, youth, senior or community organization; a school or school-related group; a 501 (c) (3) organization or a similar group focused on serving people in Watertown.
* Propose a project or activity that encourages the enjoyment, utilization or revitalization of the riverfront.
* Promote building stronger connections among community members using the riverfront as a focus or catalyst.
Examples of Projects/Activities:
* A kids/youth riverfront art or music program.
* Craft projects along the riverfront.
* A Riverfront historical and/or nature walk for youth, children, seniors or other groups.
* Youth (3-on-3) basketball tournament at the courts on the riverfront.
* Events/programs for infants, toddlers and their families on the riverfront or oriented toward the riverfront.
* Educational programs for local residents on current riverfront issues or news.
* A riverfront cleanup activity.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis until all funds are dispersed. A funded riverfront project or activity can take place anytime after the organization’s mini-grant proposal is approved.
Go directly to guidelines and application