The Community Foundation of West Alabama is accepting grant applications from area nonprofit organizations. In order to make the greatest impact with the funds available, they prefer requests that address a critical community need.
* Get at the root causes of a problem.
* Do not duplicate existing services unless they serve a population not already being served.
* Are pilot projects which, if successful, can be expanded to serve a wider population or be duplicated by other organizations.
* Involve collaboration and cooperation with other organizations and agencies.
* Include an effective mechanism for measuring the impact of The Community Foundation’s investment.
Grants may be made for the following charitable purposes:
* Arts and Humanities
* Children and Youth
* Elder Care
* Health & Medicine
* Social Welfare
All grant requests must be submitted by April 1 and October 1 of each year.
Go directly to guidelines and application