Oregon Parks & Recreation Department is accepting applications for the Diamonds in the Rough Grant Program. These grants are to restore or reconstruct the facades of buildings that have been heavily altered over the years. The purpose is to return them to their historic appearance and potentially qualify them for historic register designation (local or national).
Historic Properties Grants Eligibility and Criteria:
* Buildings must have heavily modified primary facades and Clear evidence that substantial portions of the historic facades are still there, covered by newer materials; Historic photos or original drawings that provide clear evidence for guiding the restoration/reconstruction. Lower priority will be given to applications that propose work based on speculation or generic designs rather than historical evidence for that specific building.
* Funds from this grant program may not be claimed for the federal rehabilitation tax credits.
* Buildings taking advantage of Oregon's Special Assessment of Historic Properties program may qualify if they meet the "heavily modified primary facade" requirement.
* All work must meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation of Historic Properties: see http://www.nps.gov/history/hps/tps/tax/rhb/stand.htm
* Remodeling, new additions, or solely cosmetic efforts are not eligible for funding.
The application deadline is May 10, 2022