Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is accepting applications from landowners, watershed groups and others for Future Fisheries Improvement Program grants.
FWP’s fish habitat improvement program provides funding for habitat projects that would benefit Montana’s wild fish.
Examples of Future Fisheries projects:
* Improve or maintain fish passage;
* Restore or protect natural stream banks and channels;
* Restore or protect nearby natural riparian and wetland areas;
* Restore habitat for cutthroat trout and bull trout in areas affected by mining;
* Prevent loss of fish into irrigation diversions;
* Restore or protect spawning habitats;
* Enhance stream flows;
* Restore or protect genetically pure native fish; or
* Improve fishing in a lake or reservoir.
Application deadlines are December 1 and June 1, each year.
Go directly to guidelines and application