Fire/rescue companies and emergency medical services may apply for a grant in up to two of the eight eligible program categories. Fire companies that also provide emergency medical service are eligible to apply for both a fire company grant and an ems service grant.
Requests for funding for a combination of up to two projects in the following eligible categories may be submitted for consideration with each grant application:
- Construction and renovation of facilities and purchase or repair of fixtures and furnishings, office equipment, and support services necessary to maintain or improve the capability of the company to provide fire, ambulance, or rescue services OR debt reduction associated with project type A.
- Repair of firefighting, ambulance, or rescue equipment OR purchase thereof.
- Debt reduction associated with the facility (1) or equipment (2) categories above.
- Training and certification of members.
- Education of the general public regarding fire prevention and community risk reduction
- Career Departments Only: Overtime costs associated with back-filling positions while firefighters are attending training (available for Fire Companies only)
- Recruitment and retention, including, but not limited to, volunteer firefighter length of service award programs and programs for minors.
- Construction Savings Account - Fire Departments Only – A fire company may apply for a grant under subsection (a) for the purpose of constructing a new facility beginning with the grant period commencing for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. This project CANNOT BE AMENDED.
The application deadline is October 21, 2022