The Daniel Foundation of Alabama is accepting letters of intent to their community needs grant initiative.
Funding priorities for this initiative:
• Access to food, clothing and adequate housing
• Programs that offer an effective approach to job training and life skills
• Rural community revitalization initiatives
• Projects that meet the needs of Alabama’s veterans
• Leadership programs demonstrating success in developing leaders for the nonprofit, government and business sectors
Priority is given to organizations that have at least one full-time employee and broad support from its own base of supporters, including board members, and have been in operation providing programs and services for a minimum of two years. Grants to start-up operations are considered by invitation only.
Multi-year grants are considered, with preference given to organizations with which the Foundation has a long history. Organizations receiving a multi-year grant, may not reapply until the multi-year period has expired, even if the funding has been accelerated.
After three consecutive years of funding organizations must sit out one year before re-applying. Organizations may only receive one grant in a 12-month period.
Nonprofit organizations located in Alabama and serving Alabama residents are eligible to apply.
The LOI deadline is July 18, 2022.
Invited proposals will be due by September 12, 2022