New Mexico Public Regulation Commission - Fire Protection
Maximum Grant Amount
September 15, 2020
The New Mexico Public Regulation Commission is accepting applications for Fire Protection Grants.
The department may request funding for apparatus, PPE, communication equipment or another justified critical need. All apparatus must meet NFPA Standards. Equipment/apparatus specifications are subject to review by the Fire Marshal’s Office. The department must have the capability to immediately house apparatus properly. NFPA listed equipment may be included with the purchase of apparatus.
Departments may apply for only one project in only one critical needs category listed below:
- Fire apparatus/equipment
- PPE (structural, wildland, SCBA)
- Facility construction/improvement
- Need that will clearly have significant impact on ISO Public Protection Classification
Two levels of grants are available: Individual department grants; and County-wide project grants.
The amount awarded to a single applicant will not exceed $200,000 for specific project types. The maximum award for all other justified critical needs will not exceed $100,000. Matching funds requirements and selection criteria have been outlined in detail in the Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria document.
Applications may be submitted by:
- All fire departments currently certified and funded by the New Mexico State Fire Marshal’s Office are eligible to participate in the fire protection grant process.
- County Administrative Offices having administrative responsibility for more than one district/department may apply for a County-wide Project Grant as long as each district within the County is compliant with the requirements of the grant application, (i.e., NFIRS, Pump Tests, etc.). The county-wide project must benefit all the departments within the County.
Note: A County Administrative Office applying for a grant does not prevent departments within the County from applying for an Individual Department Grant.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 8/15/2021 - no information on the website and no news releases for the 2021 cycle
Go directly to guidelines and application