Thornton S. Glide, Jr. and Katrina D. Glide Foundation
P.O. Box 1710
Davis, CA 95616-1710
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
Maximum Grant Amount
The Thornton S. Glide, Jr. and Katrina D. Glide Foundation will begin accepting applications to the annual grant cycle on May 15.
Grants will be made only in support of the following service purposes in order of priority:
a. to animal protection organizations such as the Humane Society, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, and rescue organizations.
b. to other land and wildlife conservancy groups.
c. to organizations committed to agricultural purposes
d. to the preservation of land in its natural state, including wetlands.
e. to opera, symphony, and other similar civic organizations.
If less than 50 percent of the applicant organization’s services are dedicated to the foregoing purposes, Regular Grants may be considered only for items which relate directly to such purposes.
The foundation has two programs; a regular grant program for funding up to $20,000 and a major grant program for funding up to $50,000 intended for capital expenditures.
- Grants will be made only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”). None shall be made to Private Foundations under Section 509(a) of the Code.
- There are no geographic restrictions, however, California based organizations will receive priority.
Applications are accepted between May 15 and August 15.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 8/16/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application