- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Public Safety
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
- American Samoa
- Contra Costa
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- San Juan
Maximum Grant Amount
Matson Giving, a corporation-supported program, aims to improve and support the communities it serves.
- Maritime environment and ocean resource conservation, energy
- Education, via schools (pre-school through university), including transportation careers training and development.
- Human services: such as community health & safety needs; national health organizations and United Way partner agencies
- Culture & Arts: cultural and learning centers/libraries, cultural identity, historic presence
- Civic and community programs (e.g. volunteerism, clean-ups, events and projects)
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations benefiting communities that Matson serves are eligible to apply. The company’s community relations footprint extends to every Matson location, throughout AK and HI, with mainland donations focused in Long Beach and Oakland CA, Chicago IL, Tacoma WA, Savannah GA, and Phoenix AZ.
Applications may be submitted at any time. A minimum of 90 days should be allowed for consideration of requests.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 6/6/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application