Iowa Economic Development Authority*
Maximum Grant Amount
The Iowa Economic Development Authority is accepting applications to the Iowa Community Development Block Grant Program: Community Facilities and Services.
This program offers funds to assist communities with a variety of projects including:
* Childcare facilities
* Senior centers
* Facilities for persons with physical or mental disabilities
* Homeless shelters
* Stormwater and drainage
Projects must benefit low-to-moderate income people, aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blights, or meet an urgent need.
All communities in Iowa are eligible.
Award amounts are as follows:
* Communities with populations less than 1,000 can receive up to $300,000
* Communities with populations between 1,000 and 2,500 can receive up to $500,000
* Communities with populations between 2,500 and 15,000 can receive up to $600,000
* Communities with populations greater than 15,000 can receive up to $800,000
* Communities with populations less than 300 are limited to $1,000 per capita, as are unincorporated areas of a county proposing direct service projects.
Go directly to guidelines and application