Sioux Empire United Way
1000 North West Avenue, Suite 120
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Recreation, Sports, Youth Sports
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
Maximum Grant Amount
Sioux Empire United Way accepts applications from non-profit entities that serve a need among children, vulnerable adults, or people in crisis. Each proposal is reviewed in a competitive pool of applications and funding decisions are determined by community volunteers.
- The agency must be incorporated and operate as a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation.
- The agency should operate in a health/social service, recreation, or character-building field.
- The need for the program must be substantiated.
- There must be an operational funding deficit.
- The services provided must take place in Lincoln, McCook, Minnehaha or Turner Counties.
- The impact on the lives of the individuals served must be demonstrated through specific outcome measurements.
On-Going Funding Process
- Funding through this process is typically awarded for programs that provide direct services.
- The agency and program must have completed two full years of service in the community.
If you are an agency or program new to the On-Going funding process, you must first complete a short questionnaire. A United Way staff person will contact you regarding next steps.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 10/21/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application