Visit Mason City*
Visit Mason City
2021 Fourth Street Southwest
Mason City, IA 50401
Maximum Grant Amount
Visit Mason City is accepting grant applications to support events, attractions, conventions, tournaments and other initiatives with tourism potential.
Target markets are visitors from outside a 90-mile radius. Grants are limited to a maximum of 50% of eligible costs or $1,000 (whichever is lowest) with a required cash match of at least 50%. This is a reimbursement grant.
Eligible Projects and Use of Funding
- Design, production, and placement costs for marketing that targets visitors who live outside a 90-mile radius of Mason City (brochures, flyers, posters, direct mail, registration materials, e-blasts, websites, print ads, radio ads, television ads, online ads, social media ads/boosted posts, etc.)
- Purchase of marketing lists, search engine marketing ad words, google ad words, etc. targeting visitors who live outside a 90-mile radius of Mason City.
- Off-site signage (billboard, wayfinding, trailblaze) targeting visitors who live outside a 90-mile radius of Mason City.
- Shuttle service for tours within Mason City/Clear Lake, transportation between convention facilities used by visitors who live outside a 90-mile radius of Mason City.
- Welcome reception food (appetizers/ hors d’oeuvres) and non-alcoholic beverages for visitors who live outside a 90-mile radius of Mason City.
- Fees must be payable to a third-party vendor. In-kind fees are not eligible.
- Eligible projects must be completed October 1, 2022-September 30, 2023.
- Projects that receive funding from the FY22 Regional Sports Authority District program are not eligible.
Round1: 4 PM on September 30, 2022 for marketing projects completed October 1, 2022-September 30, 2023
Round 2: 4 PM on January 27, 2023 for marketing projects completed March 1, 2023-September 30, 2023
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/30/2023 - placed in September for next expected deadline.
Go directly to guidelines and application