Nicholas County Community Foundation
PO Box 561
Summersville, WV 26651
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Recreation, Sports, Youth Sports
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
September 1, 2021
The Nicholas County Community Foundation accepts grant applications annually from nonprofit organizations in Nicholas County. The annual deadline to submit a grant request is September 1st. Applicant organizations are notified around November 1st of the status of their grant request. No work on a proposed grant project may begin until notification of grant funding has been received.
To be considered for a grant from the NCCF, an applicant must be a private, not for profit organization, as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a public institution. The applicant or the program to be funded must be located in or serve Nicholas County.
The NCCF focuses the unrestricted grantmaking program on capital and equipment projects and special programs in the areas of: arts and culture, education, health and human services, recreation, and youth and family services.
Within these focus areas, the foundation places priority on supporting:
* Start up of new projects/programs of established organizations;
* One time projects/programs;
* Seed money for pilot projects or for responding to unmet or emerging community needs;
* Matching grants that leverage additional funding;
* Projects that reach a broad segment of the community;
* Projects not adequately served by existing community resources;
* Expansion of existing programs;
Grants will be made for one-year only. Extensions and changes in scope may be approved by the grant distribution committee.
Unrestricted grants are not made for day to day operating expenses; annual campaigns; endowments; sectarian religious purposes; existing obligations, debts, or liabilities; or travel/participation in meetings, conferences, seminars, or study exchange programs.
No grants will not be made for political purposes or lobbying activities.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 11/21/2020
Go directly to guidelines and application