Daniel Foundation of Alabama - Community Needs
510 Office Park Dr. Suite 210
Birmingham, AL 35223
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
The Daniel Foundation is accepting letters of intent to their community needs grant initiative. After the LOI period, invited applicants must submit a proposal by September 11, 2020.
Funding priorities for this initiative:
• Programs that offer an effective approach to job training, readiness and placement
• Programs that encourage and support the growth of entrepreneurship in Alabama
• Community revitalization initiatives
• Projects that meet the needs of Alabama’s veterans
• Leadership programs that demonstrate success in training leaders for the nonprofit, government and business sectors
Priority is given to organizations that have at least one full-time employee and broad support from its own base of supporters, including board members, and have been in operation providing programs and services for a minimum of two years. Grants to start-up operations are considered by invitation only.
Multi-year grants are considered, with preference given to organizations with which the Foundation has a long history. Organizations receiving a multi-year grant, may not reapply until the multi-year period has expired, even if the funding has been accelerated.
After three consecutive years of funding organizations must sit out one year before re-applying. Organizations may only receive one grant in a 12-month period.
Nonprofit organizations located in Alabama and serving Alabama residents are eligible to apply.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 12/16/2019
Go directly to guidelines and application