Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin - Community Enhancement
Sue Nelson, Program Director
500 First Street, Suite 2600
Wausau, WI 54403
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Diseases, Disorders, Medical Disciplines
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Crime, Legal Related
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Housing, Shelter
- Public Safety
- Recreation, Sports, Youth Sports
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Science and Technology Research Institutes, Services
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
- Religion Related, Spiritual Development
Maximum Grant Amount
The Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin accepts applications quarterly to their Community Enhancement Grants program. Funding is available for innovative projects that have a positive impact on enriching life in the community of Wausau / Marathon County.
Specific program focus areas have not been detailed in the guidelines. Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project ideas with Foundation staff prior to completing an application. Preferred proposals are those that:
• Enhance the vibrancy and livability of the greater Wausau area and Marathon County.
• Apply the Community Foundation’s resources where they will be used wisely to make a tangible difference in meeting a specific community need.
• Demonstrate community impact and outreach.
• Reduce service duplication and promote agency collaboration.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on the first business day of March, June, September, and December.
Note from your Grant Gopher Team: The maximum grant amount has been raised from $50,000 to $100,000.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 3/27/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application