Montana State Parks - OHV Program
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Public Safety
- Recreation, Sports, Youth Sports
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
February 28, 2023
Montana State Parks is accepting applications for the Off-Highway Vehicle Program (OHV) grant cycle.
Montana State Parks’ OHV grants provide funding for safety, ethics and education as well as resource maintenance, protection and improvement projects. The Program’s goal is to enhance and maintain OHV recreational opportunities for the benefit of OHV enthusiasts in Montana.
Eligible Projects Types
- OHV trail development, improvement, or maintenance. This may include trail steward positions.
- OHV safety and ethics promotion. For example, providing safety/educational training in local schools or developing safety/training materials (brochures, film/video production, posters, signage).
- OHV trailside/trailhead development or maintenance. For example, installing informational kiosks and other trail signage specific to OHV trails.
- Noxious weed eradication alongside OHV trails.
Eligible applicants include clubs, friends groups, and associations, as well as federal, tribal, and other government agencies. State OHV grant dollars cannot be awarded to a for-profit entity.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/18/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application