617-426-7080 ext. 247
Rabbi Abraham Halbfinger and Charlesview Charitable Fund
c/o GMA Foundations
2 Liberty Sq., Suite 500
Boston, MA 02109
Maximum Grant Amount
Charlesview, Inc. is accepting letters of interest to The Rabbi Abraham Halbfinger and Charlesview Charitable Fund. Grants will provide support in five core areas:
- Education – Examples include after-school homework and enrichment programs, adult education, youth leadership development, citizenship preparation.
- Participatory Arts Education – Examples include youth and adult art and/or music programs, community arts projects, expressive therapies.
- Health/Mental Wellness – Examples include physical, social, emotional wellness programs, nutrition, disease-specific programming, substance use services, programs that address an identified health disparity in the community for individuals, families or groups.
- Housing/Shelter – Examples include housing readiness programs, resident leadership and empowerment efforts, housing transition and stabilization services.
- Workforce/Asset Development – Examples include job readiness and training, financial literacy.
The Fund will give priority to organizations and their projects that are significantly expanding their services, need support in leveraging other resources to provide improved services, or require seed funding to launch a new innovation. All proposed services must specifically and primarily serve the Allston-Brighton community.
Prospective applicants must begin the process with a brief Letter of Interest (LOI) via the online portal. Invited applicants will be asked to submit a full proposal by June 15, 2021.
Meet the Donor: A Zoom session will be held Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. to meet the Charitable Fund Committee and to ask your questions. The guidelines, timeline and application process will be reviewed. Please email Chaletta Huertas at email@example.com to register for the Zoom link.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 6/6/12021
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Housing, Shelter
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
Go directly to guidelines and application