Jasper Community Foundation
P.O. Box 924
Newton, IA 50208
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
The Jasper Community Foundation is accepting grant applications for the 2021 year. The foundation's areas of emphasis are:
- Human Services
- Public/Society Benefit
* Be located in and serving primarily clients in Jasper County.
* Serve a charitable purpose by enhancing the quality of life in Jasper County in such areas as arts/culture/humanities; health/education/human services; environment/animals; public/society benefits and other community activities.
* To be considered for any of these funds, your organization must be a tax-exempt, non-profit entity classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3) or a 170(c)(1) governmental entity. If your organization is not a 501(c)(3), then you must have a fiscal sponsor who will be legally and financially responsible. Definitions are outlined below:
- Tax-Exempt Non-Profit Entity (IRS) - Organizations must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as tax-exempt, non-profit, public charities under section 501(c)(3) or as a “unit of government” under Section 170(c)(1) to receive grant funding. A 501(c)(3) is a section of the Federal Tax Codes, which establishes the criteria for tax-exempt charitable organizations. Section 170(c)(1) refers to agencies that conduct activities to benefit the public-at-large, like public schools, state universities, public libraries and volunteer fire departments.
- Fiscal Sponsor - An organization that is receiving money on behalf of the grant applicant and is responsible for disbursing the money for the project and maintaining appropriate documentation. This entity must by a 501(c)(3) or a 170(c)(1) unit of government in order to serve in this capacity. A fiscal sponsorship agreement must accompany the grant application if a fiscal sponsor is being used. This agreement is available within the JCF Grant Application.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/23/2021
Go directly to guidelines and application