DeKalb County Community Foundation - Promise Fund
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Religion Related, Spiritual Development
Maximum Grant Amount
November 15, 2022
The Promise Fund is an endowment fund with the DeKalb County Community Foundation, which invests gifts to make annual distributions to charitable and community organizations that provide services to underserved populations within DeKalb County.
Proposed projects will be reviewed on the basis of the following priorities:
- Increasing participation of underserved population in the center of community life
- Developing leadership in marginalized populations
- Increasing understanding and tolerance
- Raising educational levels and enhancing the quality of life
- Strengthen churches and other social institutions with the capacity to transform community perspectives
- Support early childhood literacy initiatives and literacy outreach for families with young children
- Nurture involvement and verbal interaction with babies and children prior to kindergarten
- Reach adults in an at-risk child’s environment through literacy outreach including but not limited to new mothers, pregnant teens, single parents, homeless parents, preschool teachers and aides, nurses, and baby-sitters.
Nonprofit organizations, school districts, and religiously affiliated groups operating in DeKalb County, Illinois that support underserved populations are encouraged to apply.
Applications are made available on or around October 1 annually.
Applications are due by mid-November
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/18/2022
Go directly to guidelines and application