Youth Service Hawaii*
Youth Service Hawaii is accepting grant applications for service learning projects.
Projects should be proposed by school or non profit group of students (grades 1-12) with teacher and:
* Address community needs such as homelessness, environment, peace, disaster preparedness, elder needs;
* Link to school/subject curriculum
Priority consideration will be given to programs that:
* Involve youth in the development and implementation of the project.
* Have impact on a broad and diverse population in the community.
* The service is connected to an identified need in the community.
* Project involves bringing other students in to learn about and work for the community need.
Use of grant funds may include:
* Materials and supplies to carry out service
* Transportation to get to service site
* Food for volunteers
Go directly to guidelines and application