City of Hickory Community Relations Council
c/o Philip Demas, Hickory Police Department
347 2nd Ave SW
Hickory NC 28602.
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
Maximum Grant Amount
The City of Hickory Community Relations Council (CRC) is accepting grant applications.
The goal of this initiative is to promote positive human relationships in the community by supporting projects and/or programs that promote equal opportunity, resolution of conflicts and improve relationships among culturally diverse groups in Hickory.
Priority will be given to programs or projects which will have the greatest impact on positive human relations, that are most effective in bringing together the diverse populations of Hickory, and which provide direct services and resources to the targeted population(s).
Applicants are encouraged to be creative in developing projects that address real community needs. They are also encouraged to develop partnerships with other agencies and organizations if at all possible.
- Applicants may include churches, schools, institutions, 501(c)(3) organizations and other tax-exempt organizations. Applications from non-profit organizations that have not received formal taxexempt status may be considered if the group provides sufficient information on the purpose and activities of the organization and the proposed project or program.
- Programs requesting grant funding must serve the residents of the City of Hickory.
- Funds may be used for contracts for services and/or specified honoraria provided the proposed recipient is providing direct services to the target population.
- The HCRC will not consider applications for programs or projects for political purposes, or which promote a particular religious point of view. Funds from the grant program are provided by the City of Hickory and may not be used to pay salaries or construct facilities. The HCRC will not consider applications from City of Hickory departments, but will accept proposals from related support organizations if the requested funds will be used to provide a program or service for which no city dollars are available.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 9/5/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application