1680 Michigan Ave., No. PH 1
Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Housing, Shelter
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Palm Beach
Maximum Grant Amount
The Batchelor Foundation is private foundation focused on grant making to support children, animals, and the natural environment in South Florida.
- Programs that assist children in the areas of education, health and general well being.
- Programs that provide shelter, food, and/or medicine to animals.
- Programs that protect or educate the public regarding the natural environment.
- Some consideration is given to charitable work provided to homeless programs and veteran services.
The Foundation places highest priority on nonprofits located and providing charitable work in the South Florida counties of Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe. Nonprofit organizations that serve one or more of these four (4) Florida counties but are headquartered elsewhere can apply for a grant.
Applicants must be currently recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) public charities. In addition, the nonprofit must be actively registered with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to solicit funds in Florida.
Both new and returning grantees must submit an initial Letter of Intent (“LOI”) through the online Grant Portal.
The next LOI submission window will be from November 15 to January 15.
First quarter grant cycle: January 31
Second quarter grant cycle: April 30
Third quarter grant cycle: July 31
Fourth quarter grant cycle: October 31
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 12/22/2019
Go directly to guidelines and application