United Arts of Central Florida
2450 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 201
Maitland, FL 32751
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
Maximum Grant Amount
United Arts of Central Florida is accepting project applications (formerly called mini-grants) for arts projects. The proposed project must be cultural (arts, sciences, or humanities), must occur in Lake, Orange, Osceola or Seminole Counties and must be open to the public. Multiple projects can be included in one application.
Funds must be matched 1:1 by cash from other sources. In-kind matches are not eligible.
The organization must have been in existence for one year, providing cultural programming (defined as production, presentation or instruction of performing, visual, literary or media arts, the sciences, or history and heritage), AND must be ONE of the following:
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, with arts/cultural primary mission, of $75K budget or less;
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, with arts/cultural primary mission, with only 1-2 years operations completed (any budget size);
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, with arts/cultural primary mission, producing only one event per year (any budget size);
- Local arts agency, producing a cultural program, of any budget size;
- Non-arts nonprofit 501(c)3 organization (mission is not arts/culture), producing a cultural program (must engage professional artists or arts organizations to deliver programming and provide resumes/bios of artists);
- Non-local nonprofit 501(c)3 organization (outside Lake, Orange, Osceola, or Seminole counties), for a cultural program that is located in Lake, Orange, Osceola, or Seminole counties;
- Organizations that have applied for the 501(c) 3 designation can have a fiscal sponsor (an organization with a 501(c) 3 designation) apply on their behalf. Funds will be awarded to the fiscal sponsor, who will be fiscally responsible on behalf of the sponsored organization. The producing organization must be demonstrably separate from the fiscal sponsor (decision-making, financial), not a program of the fiscal sponsor. Operating Support Grantees can serve as a fiscal sponsor;
- Organizations that would normally be eligible for Operating Support Grants, but would prefer to apply through the simpler Mini-Grants process instead, may contact the grants staff for consideration. Organizations must have current 501(c) 3 status (United Arts will verify at www.irs.gov) and current good standing with the state of Florida Division of Corporations as a nonprofit organization (United Arts will verify at www.sunbiz.org).
July 28, 2021 - for projects beginning September 1, 2021
January 26, 2022 - for projects beginning March 1, 2022
*The cycle deadlines have changed
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 7/29/2021
Go directly to guidelines and application