Crossroads Fund - Seed
3411 West Diversey Avenue, Suite 20
Chicago, IL 60647
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Du Page
Maximum Grant Amount
February 12, 2024
The Crossroads Fund will begin accepting applications to the Seed Fund on January 8.
The Fund supports new, emerging, and/or small community-based organizations that are actively engaged in social change work. Grants are made for general operating, start-up costs, or project expenses.
- Open to registered 501c3 and fiscally-sponsored organizations, or groups with organizational bank accounts
- Organizations with previous year annual expenses under $500,000
- Meet Crossroads Fund’s Funding Criteria below:
All applicants to Crossroads Funds must meet the following criteria, regardless of the grant they are applying for:
- Working for Social Change: Crossroads Fund supports organizations working to examine and challenge the underlying causes of injustice affecting their communities. They seek to change the conditions, institutions, and policies that create and maintain inequality and oppression.
- Cross-Issue Organizing: Our grantees work with an understanding of the connectedness among the various people and issues that make up the whole community.
- Grassroots Leadership: Groups that involve the people who are directly affected by an issue at all levels of the organization – in planning, organizing and leading, and working to continue building leadership within the grassroots community.
- Solid Plan: Groups whose work is driven by the following:
* a clear purpose with well-planned goals, objectives, activities and a tool to measure outcomes and impact
* a timeline and budget that reflects the proposed objectives and activities
* a realistic fundraising plan.
- Work in the Chicago Metropolitan Area: Crossroads Fund supports organizations rooted in communities in the Chicago metropolitan area. Counties include: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and Will, along with Lake County, Indiana.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 10/29/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application