Central Minnesota Community Foundation
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
- Crow Wing
- Mille Lacs
Maximum Grant Amount
In even years (2018, 2020, 2022…) the Central Minnesota Community Foundation and the Initiative Foundation are jointly offering the Rural Poverty Fund grants for planning and implementation of projects or programs that address rural poverty.
Grant funds may: Establish or supplement existing emergency and transitional activities which directly address specific and immediate needs that rural people have due to poverty or be used to assess community needs and assets, develop action plans, or provide for project implementation in rural areas. Grants must relate to a variety of identified programs or agency needs.
- Establish or supplement existing emergency and transitional activities
- Assess community needs and assets
- Development of action plans
- Provide for project implementation
Areas served include the 14 counties of central Minnesota: Benton, Cass, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena and Wright. Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofits and local units of government.
Deadline: Midnight June 30th - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
Go directly to guidelines and application