Indiana Arts Commission - AOS*
Maximum Grant Amount
Indiana Arts Commission is accepting applications to the Arts Organization Support (AOS) program.
This program is to support the operations of eligible year-round arts organizations that align with program priorities. Applicants that are funded in this program will be funded for two years (FY24 and FY25).
Those that are not funded in FY24 are welcome to apply to Arts Project Support the following year. The AOS program will be open every other year.
1. Support arts organizations that:
- Have the capacity to carry out their work
- Provide quality arts and educational activities to the public
- Include community input in program development and delivery
- Demonstrate commitment to IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, access)
- Demonstrate service to those that traditionally lack access (low income, individuals with disabilities, persons of color, etc.)
2. Ensure equitable access to AOS funding by prioritizing awards to organizations:
- With the least access to other funding opportunities due to geographic location
- Historically excluded or marginalized defined as organizations led by and primarily serving communities that include: Black/African American, Latino (a/e), Asian and Asian American, Arab, Native American, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, North African; as well as LQBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
A match is required for organizations with a budget over $50,000.
The match must equal the total award ($1,000 grant award would mean a $1,000 match). Half of the match can be goods and services donated "in-kind" (like advertising in a magazine at a free or reduced rate)
A workshop for new applicants will be held on January 19 at 4:00 pm
A workshop for returning applicants will be held on January 24 at 4:00 pm
Recordings will be available for those unable to attend.
New applicants may submit an application draft for review by February 23.
The applicant’s most recently completed fiscal year total cash revenue must be at least $20,000 to be eligible for this program.
Contact your Regional Arts Partner with any questions about eligibility and guidelines.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 11/17/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application