Gilroy Foundation - Youth Board
P.O. Box 774
Gilroy, CA 95021
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
December 15, 2023
The Gilroy Foundation Youth Board is accepting applications to the annual grant cycle.
This year, the areas of funding are:
- Rescue Animal Services
- Senior Citizen Community Programs
- Therapeutic Animal Services
In reviewing and authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types, whether undertaken by existing agencies or by new agencies.
- Projects or programs aimed at providing needed facilities or services, for which public funds are either not available or not sufficient, and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
- Projects that will provide leverage in an agency’s ability to secure other funds.
- Projects that, in responding to known community needs, are designed to coordinate or consolidate community services in an effort to reduce overhead expenses, increase efficiency, or eliminate unnecessary duplication.
- Programs that would contribute to youth, therapeutic animal services, rescue animal services, or the senior citizen community of Gilroy by addressing the cause of major problems rather than merely discussing their continuing effect upon society.
- The extent of local volunteer involvement and support of the organization’s board.
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
- Organizations must be properly constituted and organized with a board of directors, bylaws, financial records, and controls.
- Grant consideration cannot be given either to individuals nor to organizations that do not have their nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Submit the most recent copy of the California form RRF-1. Signed and dated grant applications will also be accepted from all Gilroy public and private schools and the City of Gilroy.
Note: Applicants for the Youth Board grant ARE also eligible to apply for a Gilroy Foundation Competitive Grant for the same year.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 10/8/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application