City of East Lansing - CDBG
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Housing, Shelter
- Public Safety
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
December 15, 2023
The City of East Lansing is accepting applications to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
The primary objective of the Community Development Block Grant program is to provide for the development of viable communities by the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income.
In order for a project to receive CDBG funding, it must qualify as an eligible activity and qualify as being in pursuit of one of the three national objectives:
- Benefitting low- and moderate-income persons
- Preventing or eliminating slums or blight
- Meeting other community development needs having a particular urgency because existing conditions pose a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the communityi and other financial resources are not available to meet such needs.
Examples of eligible projects (not limited to):
- Acquiring, constructing, rehabilitating, or improving public facilities (neighborhood centers, sidewalks, public parks, etc.)
- Providing public services (e.g., organizatons that provide childcare, health care, job training, services for senior citizens, etc.)
- Financing rehabilitation costs for low- to moderate-income households.
- Supporting the establishment and stabilization of local microenterprises (businesses with five or fewer employees, one or more of whom owns the business)
- Financing down payment assistance for low - to moderate-income housholds.
Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to: private/public nonprofits, community-based organizations, local public agencies as well as certain microenterprises and other private entities.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 11/13/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application