Fred J. Brotherton Charitable Foundation
PO Box 654
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Medical Research
- Science and Technology Research Institutes, Services
- Religion Related, Spiritual Development
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Maximum Grant Amount
The Fred J. Brotherton Charitable Foundation accepts grant applications on a semi-annual basis.
The Foundation’s major fields of interest are:
- Education: Educational programs and/or institutions — primarily schools and colleges. (With emphasis on, but not limited to, educational programs providing assistance to the needy or disabled.)
- Religion: Religion-based programs and/or institutions. (With an emphasis on, but not limited to, providing assistance to the needy or disabled… or to benefit a local church in a capital program.)
- Historic Preservation: Historic Preservation programs and/or institutions (including “societies“).
- Medical Programs and/or Scientific Research: Medical and/or Scientific programs and/or their affiliated institutions.
The primary geographic areas of funding are the northeastern United States.
There is a multi-step application process. Please allow enough time to complete each step within the three month application window.
1. Registration on the grant application portal.
2. Submission of Letter of Intent. Applicants are notified within 2-3 weeks of submission regarding acceptance or denial.
3. Complete full grant application, if invited.
March 1 - June 1
September 1 - December 1
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 6/5/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application