Heartland Community Foundation
Sarah Meitner, Executive Director
PO Box 1673
Hays, KS 67601
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
Maximum Grant Amount
Heartland Community Foundation accepts applications semi-annually.
This cycle will fund local community projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Projects focused on improving quality of life.
- Projects that support the public health of Ellis, Rooks and Trego Counties.
- Projects supporting education, health care, community social services and security, conservation and environment, arts and culture, and community beautification.
Funding for the spring grant cycle is provided by the Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund, the Heartland Healthy Living Fund, the Heartland Area Action Fund, and the Stockton Community Fund.
Grants are limited to projects in Ellis, Rooks and Trego counties and will be awarded through a competitive application process. Nonprofit organizations, including government and public entities, educational institutions and churches, are encouraged to apply.
Spring Cycle: March 15 - May 15
Fall Cycle: September 15 - November 15
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 11/19/2022
Go directly to guidelines and application