Williamsburg Health Foundation - Responsive
4801 Courthouse Street, Suite 200
Williamsburg, VA 23188-2678
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- James City
- Williamsburg City
Maximum Grant Amount
The Williamsburg Health Foundation accepts letters of inquiry to the Responsive grant cycle semi-annually. Any organization meeting the basic requirements can apply for a Responsive Grant.
The Foundation has a strategic plan with three primary goals. Funding areas under each goal are available in the Strategic Plan Goals section on the application page.
1. Advance organizations, systems, and public policy crusial to community heatlh and well-being.
2. Target behavioral and social risk factors that influence the heatlh of individuals throughout the lifespan.
3. Strengthen the heatlhcare safety-net for unisured and underinsured indivduals.
Priority is given to grant proposals which:
- Align with the WHF vision, mission, goals, and strategies.
- Impact the health of individuals who are economically disadvantaged and the organizations serving those individuals.
- Improve health opportunities which WHF defines as community resources that enable people to achieve their maximum physical and social well-being.
- Demonstrate collaboration which WHF defines as adjusting and aligning work between partners to create greater outcomes.
- Create stronger systems to support health in the community.
- Nonprofit corporations with 501(c)3 tax status as demonstrated by an IRS determination and filing of IRS form 990 or 990EZ.
- State or local government agencies.
- WHF invests in organizations and programs serving residents of Greater Williamsburg which is defined as the City of Williamsburg, James City County, and York County.
- All current WHF grantees must obtain and maintain the Platinum Seal of Transparency at GuideStar for all grant applications. Exceptions to this requirement include new applicants, government agencies, and recipients of discretionary grants.
Letter of inquiry will be accepted from February 12 - March 15
Invited applications are due by April 19
Letter of inquiry will be accepted from July 26 - September 6
Invited applications are due by October 11
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/29/2024
Go directly to guidelines and application