California Department of Conservation - SALC
Maximum Grant Amount
The California Department of Conservation is accepting pre-proposals to the Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation (SALC) program.
The SALC Program supports agricultural land conservation, economic growth, and sustainable development by providing grants for three types of projects:
- Planning grants that support the development of local and regional land use policies and economic development strategies to protect critical agricultural land
- Agricultural Conservation Acquisition grants to permanently protect croplands, rangelands, and lands utilized for the cultivation of traditional resources from conversion to non-agricultural uses.
- Capacity and Project Development grants to expand organizational capacity to develop agricultural conservation acquisition projects.
Cities, counties, Native American tribes, land trusts, and other governmental and non-profit entities for projects that protect agricultural land and reduce greenhouse gases. Pre-proposals may be submitted for agricultural conservation acquisition grants or agricultural land conservation planning grants.
Key Dates for SALC Round 8
Acquisition pre-proposals due: June 1, 2022
Planning pre-proposals due: July 1, 2022
All applications due: September 2, 2022
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 6/15/2022
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Go directly to guidelines and application