Daniel and Barbara Chapman Trust - Chapman Prize
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
Maximum Grant Amount
Established through the Daniel and Barbara Chapman Trust, the Chapman Prize recognizes and honors each year the efforts and achievements of individuals and organizations in the U.S. who make significant contributions to American society.
The award will focus on a different theme each year, with Educational Success selected as the category for 2023.
This year's prize will be awarded to a charitable individual or organization who has contributed most significantly to the improvement of students' long-term educational advancement and/or career preparation in the United States. By way of example, contributions may include early childhood education and school readiness, supportive school environments and positive behavioral developments, programs that create digital age learning environments for underrepresented populations, and/or higher education preparedness outreach
Successful applicants should be prepared to describe:
- Populations served
- Extraordinary contributions towards betterment in the selected area
- Proven record of achievement
- Demonstrated impact
- Potential for long term change in the award focus area
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements (please read the full guidelines thoroughly to confirm eligibility before applying):
1. Can show demonstrated impact in the selected focus area of the year in which the application is submitted
2. Are either a U.S. citizen or U.S.-based nonprofit who will use the disbursement exclusively in the U.S.
3. Have been conducting charitable work for at least three years (as of Effective Date on IRS determination letter)
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 7/23/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application