Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut - Willimantic Basic Needs Fund
Deb Battit, Program Officer
68 Federal Street
New London, CT 06320
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Housing, Shelter
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
Maximum Grant Amount
December 13, 2023
The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut is accepting applications to the Willimantic Basic Needs Fund (formerly the Willimantic Welfare Bureau Fund).
The Fund supports programs and services designed to promote self-sufficiency for residents of the Town of Windham through education and employment.
Priority is given to programs that:
- promote individual and family economic security;
- increase food security and access to nutritious food;
- decrease homelessness through programs that promote diversion and intervention.
Preference is given to programs that:
- seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- incorporate the voices of clients/consumers in planning;
- are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific, measurable outcomes.
Grants must be for the benefit of residents of the town of Windham. Grants for multiyear programs may be considered if the applicant can demonstrate need.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 10/30/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application