Illinois American Water*
1406 Cardinal Court
Urbana, IL 61801
Maximum Grant Amount
Illinois American Water is accepting applications for the company’s Environmental Grant Program. Through the program, funding is provided for innovative, community-based projects focused on improving, restoring and protecting Illinois watersheds.
Over the years, Illinois American Water has supported diverse initiatives like watershed cleanups, reforestation efforts, biodiversity projects, streamside buffer restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives, hazardous waste collection efforts, water protection education efforts and more.
To apply for an Environmental Grant, organizations must submit applications for projects which are located in an Illinois American Water service area, as well as:
- Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community.
- Be completed between May 1 and November 30.
- Introduce a new community initiative or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program.
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations.
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after grant monies are utilized).
Note from your Grant Gopher team: The website page has not been updated with the current deadline, but the program is open and accepting applications. The current information brochure can be found here: https://www.amwater.com/corp/resources/Environmental_Grant_Brochure.pdf
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 5/1/2022
Go directly to guidelines and application