Community Foundation of the Hudson Valley - Field Trip
Maximum Grant Amount
December 31, 2023
The Community Foundation of the Hudson Valley is accepting applications for their field trip program. This grant program is designed to distribute funds to public schools in Dutchess and Ulster Counties to enhance classroom learning opportunities.
Any teacher at a public school or school district in Dutchess County or Ulster County, New York – kindergarten to grade 12 may apply for a grant.
- Field trips must be for trips outside of the school and must be tied to educational curricula.
- Teachers should seek funding from their school or district first. If that source is depleted or not available for a particular field trip, the teacher/school may request money from this fund.
- Field trips should occur during the regular academic year and generally during school hours.
- Summer programs, clubs and after-school programs are not eligible.
- Funds may cover transportation, admissions, or to help defray the costs of students who do not have the ability to pay for their portion in cases where students/families are expected to pay all or a portion of the cost.
- The proposed field trip should be reasonable and appropriate.
- Field trips that serve an entire grade level will be considered.
Early Bird Deadline: August 15th
For trips or dates or needing a decision prior to October 15th (notifications to go out mid-September)
Fall/Winter Deadline: September 15th
This is for trips with anticipated dates between October 15th – January 30th (notifications to go out in early October)
Winter/Spring Deadline: December 31st
This is for trips with anticipated dates between February 1st – June 30th (notifications to go out in late January)
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 9/18/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application