- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Medical Research
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Diseases, Disorders, Medical Disciplines
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Crime, Legal Related
- Employment, Economic Development, Job Related and Business Grants
- Housing, Shelter
- Public Safety
- Recreation, Sports, Youth Sports
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- International, Foreign Affairs, and National Security
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Science and Technology Research Institutes, Services
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
- Religion Related, Spiritual Development
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Maximum Grant Amount
February 17, 2023
The Southface Institute is accepting applications to their GoodUse grant program.
GoodUse saves nonprofits money on operations so they can expand their mission. Using technical expertise and consultative assistance, the Institute uncovers areas for improvement within the facility to increase resource efficiency and save money on utilities.
To make positive changes last, GoodUse helps with project implementation and provides long-term support, ensuring upgrades are delivering results. With lower operating costs, the organizations the Institute works with are empowered to focus on mission-critical initiatives, so they can more effectively realize their vision.
This grant award is matching grant based on your organization's annual operating budget.
- Organizations with an annual operating budget below $1 million are eligible for a 2:1 match with an award amount capped at $30,000 from Southface.
- Organizations with an annual operating budget between $1 million and $10 million are eligible for a 1:1 match with an award amount capped at $60,000 from Southface.
- Organizations with an annual operating budget between $10 million and $25 million are eligible for a 1:1 match with an award amount capped at $75,000 from Southface.
- 50% of the match funding for the project/projects you are launching must be available at the time the grant agreement is executed.
Match (cash or combination of cash and in-kind) can be fulfilled in the following ways:
- Provided by funders or donors
- In-house labor
- Materials or Equipment
- Services donated by a third party
- In-kind match can total as much as 80% upon approval by Southface
Grant funded projects must be completed within 12 months after receiving the grant. This 12-month period starts at program implementation.
Upon acceptance, organizations will be required to set up an Energy Star Portfolio Manager account to benchmark utility data.
Utility tracking is required for 24 months after receiving the grant. Prior to your site assessment, it’s preferred that you submit 12 months of utility bills to get an accurate baseline measurement.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 1/6/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application