Community Foundation of Northern Illinois - Neighborhood Grants
946 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Maximum Grant Amount
The Community Foundation of Northern Illinois will begin accepting applications to the Neighborhood Grants program on March 13.
The Neighborhood Grants Program exists to:
- Encourage and support the work of neighborhood-based groups and organizations trying to preserve and/or improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods;
- Promote resident participation and leadership in neighborhood-based groups/organizations;
- Invest in and build on the existing strengths and assets of the region’s neighborhoods; and
- Promote civic pride in our community.
This program is available to neighborhood-based groups and nonprofits operating in Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago counties.
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit agency and/or an organized group carrying out a charitable purpose for the common good (e.g., neighborhood organizations);
- Have a minimum of three active leaders (e.g., President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.);
- Have an established process to manage grant funds, including a current checking account in the name of the organization/group;
- Be operated and organized so that there is no discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran’s status, disability, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law;
- Be a neighborhood or neighborhood-based organization that is located within Boone, Ogle, Stephenson or Winnebago County;
- Have a plan to implement a project that will benefit residents of a defined geographic area;
- Have the capacity to complete the proposed project by the end of the year; and
- Be current on all final reports for grants from the Neighborhood Grants Program.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 4/20/2023
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Public, Society Benefit - Multipurpose and Other
Go directly to guidelines and application