Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions - Open Space Stewardship
Maximum Grant Amount
The Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions is accepting applications for Open Space Stewardship Projects.
Proposed projects should do both of the following:
- advance local open space stewardship, and
- help to raise the profile of the environmental commission in the community through publicity and public participation or collaboration with local groups on the project.
Suitable projects for the grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- pollinator gardens
- trail building, signage, maintenance
- printed or online guides, maps, inventories of open space, trails
- open space or trails assessments, plans, maps
- multi-town plans to link open space or trails
- conservation easement inventory, monitoring, outreach, education
- management of invasive species
- habitat enhancement on open lands
- restoration or maintenance of riparian areas within preserved public open space
- educational stormwater management projects on preserved public open space
Projects should take place on municipal or other parcel(s) that are preserved open space.
New Jersey environmental commissions that are established by ordinance are eligible to apply.
Go directly to guidelines and application