Iowa Department of Public Health - AmeriCorps Substance Abuse Prevention Program*
Maximum Grant Amount
The Iowa Department of Public Health is accepting applications to the AmeriCorps Substance Abuse Prevention Program.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) # 58819026 is to solicit applications that will enable the Iowa Department of Public Health (referred to as Department) to select the most qualified applicant to provide education to Iowa community members on substance abuse, particularly opioid and prescription drug abuse; build capacity of organizations who need to broaden understanding of opioid and prescription drug abuse; and form coalitions and partnerships to address the growing crisis.
Non-profit, 501(c)3 organizations, schools, or government agencies currently operating youth mentoring or substance abuse prevention programs in Iowa and have been for one year or more are eligible.
Applicants must adhere to at least one of the the following eligibility expectations in order to apply:
An Iowa non-profit organization that has continuously provided substance abuse prevention services in Iowa since July 1, 2016 including:
- Community utilization and implementation of evidence-based programs, practices and policies with a variety of populations
- Community utilization of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model
- At least one staff member who is a Certified Prevention Specialist through the Iowa Board of Certification
- Mentoring youth individually or in groups (utilizing the Elements of Effective Practice, and Certified or will be certified through the Iowa Mentoring Partnership within the contract year)
- A Recovery Community Organization starting services or providing services in Iowa
AND applicants must adhere to both of the following expectations:
- Promoting positive community norms
- Connecting coalitions, schools, and communities
There is a 2:1 match required (two parts Department to one part contractor), e.g., a $15,000 award will require $7,500 in match. In-kind match is acceptable with documentation. No state or federal funds may be utilized as match.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 2/15/2021
Go directly to guidelines and application