Dane County Parks
Dane County Land & Water Resources Department
5201 Fen Oak Drive #208
Madison WI 53718
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
Maximum Grant Amount
Dane County Parks accepts applications to the Dane County Conservation Fund at any time.
Grants made through the Conservation Fund must be used by non-profit organizations and local governmental units to buy land or interests in lands identified in the Dane County Parks & Open Space Plan (POSP). In addition, the program may provide grants to purchase land or land interests in buffer areas immediately adjacent to properties currently owned or purchased pursuant to the POSP.
To apply to the Conservation Fund Grant Program, an organization should be one of the following: (these classifications may be more or less limited due to the sources of Conservation Fund money and an analysis and determination by Dane County Department of Administration).
- Towns, villages, or cities in Dane County.
- Non-profit organizations with 501(c)(3) status
- Other governmental units in Dane County (school districts, lake districts, native American governments)
The participation of other Dane County organizations in park and open space acquisition efforts is welcomed and encouraged, including collaboration and partnerships with Dane County, or other eligible organizations where legal considerations have been met.
- Non-profit organizations that are not 501(c)(3) organizations
- Conservation groups
- Lakes and Watershed Associations
- Other private organizations
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 3/9/2021
Go directly to guidelines and application