May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Mental Health, Crisis Intervention
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
- New Mexico
Maximum Grant Amount
December 31, 2019
The May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust supports organizations with program/project support and general operating support. The geographic focus area is British Columbia, Canada and the Western United States, defined as: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The Trust awards grants to organizations serving the following populations: foster children and youth, military veterans, elders, and people with disabilities.
Though individuals within each of these program areas have specific needs and challenges, certain common themes underlie the Trust’s decision to focus its grantmaking in support of these chosen populations, including:
- A recognition of the often overlooked issues and challenges faced by individuals in these populations
- Forecasted or evident growth in the focus populations
- The opportunity to support life-changing services for individuals facing challenging transitions
- Acknowledgment of the significant contributions that individuals in these populations can make, given opportunity and supportive resources
- The importance of caregiving – formal and informal, at the family, friend, or community level – to both individual and community well-being
In all of its grantmaking, the Trust is interested in supporting organizations that promote the dignity, agency, and self-sufficiency of individuals within its focus populations, and that strive to achieve a lasting difference in the lives of the people they serve.
Interested applicants must first submit a letter of inquiry online. There is no deadline for LOI submission. Typically, applicants will hear from a staff member within a month. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal and will receive proposal guidelines at that time.
Go directly to guidelines and application