Alpha Foundation, Inc.
c/o John R. Wynn
P. O. Box 2087
Huntsville, AL 35804
- Youth Development, Youth Programs
- Arts, Culture and Humanities including Library, Museum and Historical Society Grants
- Medical Research
- Human Services - Multipurpose and Other
- Science and Technology Research Institutes, Services
Maximum Grant Amount
Alpha Foundation, Inc. provides funding primarily for biotechnology research as well as for education including a medical school and children services. Other fields of interest include: animal rescue and shelter programs, children, services; elementary school/education; higher education; historic preservation/historical societies; human services; medical school/education; and science.
Giving is primarily in Alabama, with the main geographical focus is the Madison County area.
Applications should be made in writing and should include the following information:
- The completed Grant Cover Sheet.
- At the beginning of the grant request, a brief statement of the purpose of the grant and the amount requested.
- A description of the organization, its purposes, programs, staffing, and governing board.
- The organization's latest financial statements, including the most recent year-end report.
- If the request is to fund a project of the organization, furnish the following information:
- A description of the proposed project.
- Why the project is needed and the impact expected.
- How the project relates to the organization's long term plans and priorities.
- Brief overview of project plans and time-tables.
- Summary of funding commitments received to date for the project.
- How the project will affect the organization's future operating budget (expenses and revenues).
- Amount of funds requested from Alpha.
- Itemized project budget, including other sources of support in hand or anticipated.
- If the request is for operating funds, a description of the use of the funds and proposed budget which shows the application of such funds.
- Evidence from the Internal Revenue Service of the organization's non-profit status.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 2/8/2021
Go directly to guidelines and application