Unitarian Universalist Association - Fund for a Just Society
P.O. Box 301149
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Civil Rights, Social Action, Advocacy
Maximum Grant Amount
September 30, 2023
The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations is accepting proposals from non-Unitarian Universalist groups in the U.S. and Canada that meet all 3 of the following criteria:
- uses community organizing to bring about systemic change* leading to a more just society; and
- mobilizes those who have been disenfranchised and excluded from resources, power and the right to self-determination; and
- has an active focused campaign to create systemic change.
*Systemic change organizing:
- Aims at root causes, not symptoms.
- Builds collective responses, not individual solutions, to problems.
- Changes attitudes, behaviour, laws, policies, and institutions the better to reflect values of inclusion, fairness, and diversity.
- Insists on accountability and responsiveness in such institutions as government, large corporations, and universities.
- Expands democracy by involving those closest to social problems in determining their solution.
Priority is given to active, specific campaigns to create change in the economic, social, and political structures that affect their lives.
The first step in the application process is an eligibility quiz that may be submitted at any time.
Application deadlines are typically March 15 and September 30.
Grant information was last reviewed by our staff on 4/15/2023
Go directly to guidelines and application